30 Jun June 2018
We Have Moved to a New Office
It’s been a very busy few months in Applewood Homecare, and we are delighted to be finally fully moved into our new office in the heart of Terenure at 140 Terenure Road North. This exciting new development means we have our own in-house training room and meeting room which facilitates us in our benchmarking to best practice in care at home services.
In other news, Applewood Homecare recently joined HCCI- the representative organisation of private care at home providers in Ireland. ‘HCCI unites members who directly care for thousands of older and vulnerable people in their homes. Our members provide a fully managed care service, which guarantees an exceptional standard of care to every client.’ Crucially for Applewood staff – we passed the HCCI audit easily, which we are told is aligned to ISO standards. This is great news in terms of acknowledging and reinforcing the good work carried out by our wonderful carers in the community.
Feedback From Our Clients and Carers
We are revamping our website and conducted a Web Survey which gave us the following inspiring feedback:
Why Clients Choose Applewood:
- Recommended by friends, Approved HSE Provider, Staff were friendly, responsive and good at their job.
- Why Choose Caring as a Career?
- ‘to help the older and younger people stay at home and live a day to day life as they would have done before they got their illnesses on the best way possible.’
- ‘Knew I could make a difference to somebody’
- ‘I feel overjoyed helping people’
About working for Applewood:
- ‘A close friend worked there and referred it as a Great company To work for’
- ‘Employees aren’t just a number but a person too’
- ‘A well-rounded company where clients and carers come first. A perfect example of how a Homecare Company should be managed.’
- ‘Since joining the Applewood team, aside from being Professional, they are adaptive & very supportive to Carers needs, whilst of course never compromising the Client.’
- ‘Applewood Value & Care for their Carers with a brilliant in-house team. I am proud to be an Applewood employee’
Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond and look out for the new look website!
Sincere and Heartfelt Thanks
Finally this month, Neil & Kate wish to express their heartfelt gratitude to everyone who expressed sympathy and support to them over the sudden loss of their beloved father Peter O’Reilly whom many of you would have known from the office or his musical endeavours in the community.
Peter was so proud of the company receiving so much positive feedback about the care at home services, especially as he himself understood the immense support needed to live at home as he wanted whilst sick. Earlier in his illness, we had initiated the Applewood Client Give Back scheme to honour acts of kindness he and the family received and this will continue. We are of course heartbroken that he is not here to enjoy the move with us, but he has left us in no doubt of the direction he wanted the company to continue in and we are proud to carry on his legacy: properly helping other people in their time of need.